Personal Profile: Paul Houston
My philosophy is simple – TO GET CLAIMS PAID
As an Insurance Broker, it is my duty to represent you and place your needs first. I also have access to most of the insurance companies in New Zealand. But it’s important to note, I don’t work for them – I work for you.
Together, we will also work through the benefits and premium options that best suit your circumstances.
What we will achieve together is for you and your family to have a certain and predictable outcome in the event of suffering one of life’s unexpected disasters.
We will be there 4 U when the “What if” happens.
Paul’s focus is on Small Business, Farm and Family Risk Management. He works closely with other professionals including accountants, solicitors, banks and farm advisors.
In the Planning Process Paul adheres to a proven method when analysing his client needs including:
- Preliminary fact find
- Analysis and reporting of outcomes
- Presentation and discussion
- Establishing review processes
Paul has gained valuable experience working with rural Mid Canterbury for over 25 years. He was a wool buyer for P.S. Hulme Ltd for 10 years prior to entering the risk management business in 1992.
Risk Management includes Farm and Business Succession Planning, Debt Protection, Income Continuance, Business Partnership and key Person Cover, Mortgage Protection and Medical Insurance.
Paul’s Business Achievements Include:
- Member of the PAA (Professional Advisors Association)
- 1994 passed Introduction to Financial Planning with Merit.
- 1998 completed the Advisorlink Business Assurance Training in “Advanced Business Practice”.
- Past Sovereign Forum delegate (one of two South Island Advisors). This role involved discussion on issues effecting the insurance industry, compliance standards, new products and idea’s prior to being launched within the market place.
- 2011 Achieved the National Certificate (Level 5) in “Risk Management”.
Paul has lived in Mid Canterbury for over 35 years. Paul’s wife Sue is the Office & Claims Manager of Insurance4U. Paul’s favourite pastimes include; competitive Road Cycling, playing a leisurely round of golf, staying fit and enjoying a glass of wine.